Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Or so I thought...

So at my last appointment, I was well on my way to going into labor within the week.

Yesterday I seriously thought that it would be then or today, but now I'm not so sure.

I was at the mall with Josh yesterday and I had a big contraction then almost passed out right afterwards (luckily I was already sitting down). He went and got me a wheelchair and we went to the hospital. Nothing was wrong. They ran blood work and everything, but everything came back 100% normal.

I was checked again and there was no change whatsoever in my dilation...so I'm still only 2cm after almost a week of walking, having sex and masturbating (I know, TMI, get over it!). So we'll continue on with all the stuff we're doing, but I guess it's not going to do anything for me really.

I have another appointment on Thursday to check my blood levels. Well I haven't taken too many readings because of random things. I try, but sometimes I just don't because I don't eat at the same time every day. I'm not hungry at the same time every day...and I'm not going to force myself to eat when I'm not hungry. That's all there is to that.

Anyway, yesterday I had a ton of long and strong contractions...and they were patterned. I would be 1 away from waking Josh up and then I wouldn't have one for 30 minutes. It made me so mad! I want to have her soon so Josh has more time with her. He's already fairly well regretting being in the Navy and having a child at the same time. I feel bad for him.

I've had a couple contractions today, but nothing like yesterday. Looks like more sex for me! YAY! I told Josh 2-3 times a day until I have her. I want her out!

Anyway....the only other thing is the weird cravings. Not for food or anything, but for smells...mainly rubbing alcohol...it's addicting...especially when you have to use the alcohol wipes for testing blood...OMG it's addicting. I always smell them before I wipe my skin, then after I test blood I take a few more smells because it smells so good and that's what I want to smell. I wish they made a candle the scent of rubbing alcohol.

Another is Compound W when it's already on the skin...Josh had a wart and he was using that stuff and it smelled soooooo good. His wart is already gone, so I don't get to smell that anymore which is sad. It's too potent and it's different when it's in the little jar...that makes me want to gag more than anything.

And then there's one that I can't really determine what it is, but I'm longing for it. I wish I knew what it was so I could just go get some and smell it on occassion so I could get over the darn craving.

That's the weirdest things though....craving certain smells...it's so weird. I had never heard of craving smells, but I guess it's fairly common. The nurse that did our Childbirth Education class had craved the smell of gasoline when she was pregnant. But I guess that's the normal one...gasoline...not rubbing alcohol! LoL!

No comments:

Post a Comment