Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween and other updates

So....I'll start off with the fact that Halloween was AWESOME! It was the only day last week that Josh had to work. He got to come home for lunch, and he got home from work a little after 4PM, which will be normal until he's back on the boat. I'm excited about this!

As soon as Josh got home he started working on the garage and getting it "presentable" since I decided I wanted to sit sheltered in case it started raining again (we don't need a sick prego in the house!) He did an amazing job, though it's not 100% finished. I want a couple things moved around so I can put up a curtain to hide the "storage" stuff.

As Trick or Treat started, it was slow, so Josh painted my belly :) It was sooooo cute! A little dragon licking my belly :)

I love it...I think it's really cute. He ended up adding the word "Slurp" to it too, but by the time we got a picture of that, it was ruined a bit. Next time we'll know to use better paint instead of Halloween paint.

Now to the fun parts. Saturday and Sunday we were running around doing last minute things to get ready for the hospital and baby's birth. Well...I thought I was going into labor by the end of both days. Saturday the contractions stopped after relaxing for a little bit...Sunday...that's a different story. I almost actually went to the hospital because I hurt so bad even after 2 hours of trying to relax. I was in tears and Josh felt so bad that he couldn't do anything about it. I took a nice warm/hot shower (I know I'm not supposed to but I don't care!) and layed in the tub for a bit letting the water relax me. As soon as I sat up, the pain started in again, so I went to bed and layed down on my left side while Josh was on my laptop playing with his RP friends. I fell asleep and when I woke up the first time, I was feeling a little better, but I couldn't lay on any side but my left one. So...that's just what I did.

This morning I feel a lot better, haven't had any real contractions that I've actually felt and the only problem is my poor swollen feet/ankles/legs/knees. So I'm staying in bed today until Josh gets home. I've already told him of this plan and he said it sounded like a good one. I don't want to be in pain tonight...not like last night...that was killer.

I think today when he gets home from work we'll run to the NEX and get the extendable shower curtain so I can put that up over the closet to hide the plain white closet doors with the theme of the room :)

Well...that's all. I'll try to keep everyone updated :)

No comments:

Post a Comment