Thursday, August 28, 2008

Talk about crash and burn!

Yesterday I had things to do. First was taking Josh to the training facility at 6:30AM.

I went directly to the hospital to the lab to get my glucose testing done. It was the one hour test. I drank the glucola (flavored with orange) and sat and read for awhile...then I got REALLY jittery. I
went to the hallway between the hospital and family care center (where all the information is) and called my mom and paced until the hour was almost up and I wasn't feeling as jittery. I went back to sit down my remaining 10 minutes and couldn't sit still or concentrate on reading my book. I hated that sugar high feeling. I guess that's what I get for not eating at 6AM before doing this test.

After the blood was drawn I went to my chiropractor appointment. I was there early, so I ate my green beans and a couple bites of pasta salad. I finally wasn't jittery so I read a little more of my chapter in my book before he opened. It felt sooooo good to finally get adjusted and not hurt all over...especially in my lower back.

I went home and took a shower and went back to bed. I normally nap between 8 and 9 if I get up before 7AM. It was 10:30AM when I finally went back to sleep. It was nice sleeping next to my husband...that's for sure. I woke up around 1:30PM and went downstairs to be with Sparrow. I layed on the couch the rest of the day, feeling SUPER tired.

When Josh left at around 9PM for work, I went upstairs, finished my chapter in my book and crashed yet again. I watched CSI before going to bed (well a lot of them, but the 8-9 one was REALLY creepy) so I barely slept at all. I kept waking up every hour or more. I realized I hadn't checked the door before going up to bed about an hour later (so around 10PM) and when I went downstairs, it was open a crack. That along with the CSI REALLY freaked me out...I think that's why I couldn't sleep. So I shut and locked it and checked the house for intruders. I even checked the nursery.

Josh arrived home at 5:30AM or so. I heard him downstairs and asked if it was him...even though I knew it was just by his sneeze. I finally fell asleep and didn't wake up until almost 8AM. I was so relieved to have gotten a few hours sleep in a row instead of just a couple minutes here and there...though I'm thinking a nap wouldn't do me too bad right about now still.

But the main reason to this blog was the crash I felt after that horrible glucose test. The high scared the crap out of me...I hated feeling that was almost as bad as when I actually got high from smoking weed was horrible...I never did it again because I hated the high so much...but coming down from the glucola was HORRIBLE...I didn't think I was going to be awake at all yesterday after getting home from the chiropractor...that's how bad it was. I don't eat/drink sugary things very it was REALLY bad to me...but it's a necessary evil when you're pregnant I guess.

That's all. I know I skipped a bit towards the end, but I'm still tired. I should probably go lay down on the couch and cuddle with Sparrow some more and maybe fall asleep...but I'm waiting for Josh to get back home. When I woke up, he was gone, so I figure he had to go back for more training this morning. He better not have to go in until 10PM again tonight or I'll be mad.

Later y'all! I'll post pics of the nursery soon enough. I just have to remember to bring the camera down. It's only basics (bed, futon for me, changing table, dresser in closet) but it's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment