Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Realizations

I hate when I wake up at 2:30AM and can't go back to sleep because I have realized I need to take care of business that day.

This morning I realized that Josh and I are being completely unrealistic about this house stuff right now. We can not afford a $200,000 house right now...and the ones we're looking at are up to $250,000 because we want a decent house in the area. It's too expensive.

If we want to just use BAH for mortgage and pay utilities out of pocket, we would have to go down to about $175,000 maybe a little more. We don't have a down payment at the moment, so that doesn't help.

So I emailed our real estate agent (who is absolutely fabulous) and let him know my concerns.

With the house we want, we would be paying BAH + $500 (approx) out of pocket...which would leave us with what we've got right now...then adding utilities (water, sewer, trash, heat, etc.) on top of that...we would have less than what we have now...and Josh and I can barely live on that alone...and we're expecting a baby in 2 months...so that's less money for us to live on. That wouldn't be a good situation in my eyes.

Hopefully Marty will understand and be willing to look for decent but lower priced houses. I know it won't be our dream home (which we've already fairly well found) but it will do for a starter home.

If Josh doesn't approve of the homes we look at with the lower prices, we'll wait a year or so, so that we can have a decent down payment and then start looking at the higher priced homes again. But for now, I guess I'm just going to have to deal with no room unless Marty can find something good in a lower budget.

That's all really. Hopefully I'll be able to take a nap in a little while...I've been up for 4 1/2 hours already today. Of course, if my stomach doesn't subside in the tightness and my eyes don't straighten out soon, I'll be calling the hubby to take me to the hospital to get checked out. I was weird all day yesterday and it's starting off that way today already again. At least I don't feel like bile is coming up my throat right now. That is a godsend.

No comments:

Post a Comment