Thursday, March 17, 2011

Friday Fill In!

Yes, it's that time again! Time for Wifey's (at Wife of A Sailor) MilSpouse Friday Fill In! Can't wait! This week has some good questions from other MilSpouse Bloggers! Here we go!!!!


1. What are some of your ideas for staying connected with family...you know, those people we moved thousands of miles away from? submitted by Live it. Love it (or not). Write About It.
We stay connected through Facebook and phone calls. We send cards when we can, especially during special days (anniversaries, birthdays, Christmas, etc.) I also have a Snapfish.com account to upload and send photos to them of my little munchkins.

2. What's the most romantic gift you have GIVEN? submitted by Painting My Canvas
My husband and I aren't too romantic, but our first Valentine's Day of our married life, I made a Lasagna dinner for him and our 3 closest friends (2 married with their wives still not there, and one who was single). I had it ready for when they got home. I served them and everything...no one else had to lift a finger. I think that's as romantic as I get.

3. Would you encourage your child, if they came to you and wanted to join the military? submitted by Perfectly Imperfect
I will support my children in anything they want to do. I may not be thrilled, but if it's what they truly want, I want it for them.

4. What is your least favorite bill to pay and why? submitted by A Little of This, A Little of That
Even though it gives me a roof over my head, I hate paying my mortgage. I also hate paying my car loan. The reason is because of how much it is. My BAH doesn't even cover just my mortgage...but it's a house we can grow with. We're even thinking of saving up to add on a second story so we can stay here even longer.

5. What is the proudest moment you've had as a military spouse? submitted by Our Okinawa Life
I think the last time my hubby came home was my proudest moment. I got to be pierside with our kids. My son was 8 weeks old and the first time he saw his daddy. I was proud because of how excited and happy and proud my husband was of his son and the rest of his little family. I was proud because he held up for 8 weeks underway away from his little boy. It broke his heart when he couldn't be with me during the delivery of him, he knew others were able to stay or be brought home when their wives went into labor. He still feels bad for missing it and not being there for me even though I continuously tell him it's okay and it's just part of being a military family.

Does that really count as a proud moment?

1 comment:

  1. Aww, I love your proudest moment. That's so sweet!

    Stopping by from Friday Fill-In!

    ReplyDelete