Friday, March 25, 2011

Another Friday Fill in...This time on the right day!

Thank you Wifey at Wife Of A Sailor! I appreciate these! It's the one time I really get to blog without thinking too much, yet thinking a lot all at the same time! I hate trying to come up with topics on what to write!

1. What is your must have gadget? submitted by Flying High With My Flyboy
I would have to say either my Slow Cooker or my iPhone. Those are the two things I use the most out of gadgets.

2. How does your adulthood compare to what you imagined it would be like when you were a little kid? submitted by L to the Third
Honestly, it's completely different, like most. I thought I would be a professional dancer (ballerina or broadway), a teacher and a mommy. I was going to be married to either my childhood best friend or my dance teacher or my childhood next door neighbor. I've got one of the three professions, but I'm not married to ANY of those people...I've only known my husband 2 days longer than I've been with him. Oh and the other life I was going to live as an adult...living with my parents forever...that DEFINITELY hasn't happened!

3. What is your favorite chocolate recipe? submitted by Our First Deployment
I haven't done too many things with chocolate for myself. I love boxed brownies with frosting, brownies or cake in ice cream cones with frosting, no baked (boiled) cookies, german chocolate cake, and S'mores...all those are just easy to find recipes online. Oh and Dog Chow (Muddy Buddies is what Chex calls them)...I like those too...

4. How do you deal with military life when it gets to be to much or to hard? submitted by Combat Boots And Pointe Shoes
Honestly, I don't know. I was with a Marine before I met my husband, I only saw him 2 times while I was with him and it wasn't too much of a hardship because I was in high school and the beginning of college so I was focused on school. With my husband, he's had more of a hard time with the military life than I have. I've always just kept busy (especially when I got pregnant with our first child and ever since) and time just flew by while he was away. It does get frustrating during offcrew when he's home later than most because of his MOS, but that's just how it is so I live with it. Even when he wasn't going to be able to be home for our second child's birth, I was more okay with it than he ever was. He still feels bad almost 8 months later. I was prepared to go through labor/delivery alone as soon as I found out he was going to be out to sea. I was just made for this life I think.

5. What piece of advice would you give a new Military spouse facing their first deployment? submitted by The Albrecht Squad
Stay busy! The more you keep you mind off the time away and on other things, the better. Keep a journal for him to read of what you've done that day, but don't dwell on the fact he's gone, keep living life so he doesn't feel worse than he already does that he has to leave you. Count your blessings every day...there are still people, including other MilSpouses, that have it MUCH worse than you! And most important, always remember, every moment he's gone is a moment closer to him being home!

That last one was hard for me because I am so independent and I knew more of what I was getting into than my husband knew he was getting into. I had to explain things to him at first at how much he would really be away from me, and our kids once we had them, and he didn't believe me until it really happened the way I said it would. I was friends with NJROTC people who went on to the military and also with other military personel along with being involved with above said Marine and having a (now ex) boyfriend's cousin in the military and I got to ask him questions about it...so normally my biggest advice is "suck it up, you knew he was in the military before you married him" or for those that got in AFTER they were married "suck it up, you supported his decision to join"...I'm quite mean and blunt when it comes to that. I have gotten better now that I have kids and understand more of the hardships through them...but a lot of the MilSpouses I've met...my 2 year old has taken underways and stuff better than they have...it's quite sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment