Friday, December 17, 2010

At least I can sometimes make it here for fill ins!

Hubby just started leave today around 12:30PM so I MIGHT be able to write a little more in the next 2 weeks. We shall see! I may ask my friend to look after the little ones maybe once a week for an hour so I can get on and do my thing here just so I can write. I have so much to catch up on and everything too...it's crazy!

So, here's this week's fill in from Wifey!

1. What is the best gift you have ever received or given?
My husband LOVED the laptop I bought him for the last underway. It was his "new baby" gift since he bought me one with my daughter, I figured why not buy him one for his son. He got to see pictures and everything that I got to send him a couple times during mail drops. It was the only way to see his son for the first 8 weeks of his life. I think that got him through those 8 weeks, and of course seeing me and his little girl helped the 4 weeks previous to that too!

2. Do you celebrate holidays differently when your loved one is deployed/gone or do you keep tradition?
I now try to keep things as normal as possible since having my kids. Whether hubby is home or not, we go to church, we open presents, we have dinner either here or at a friend's house (usually family also, just adopted!) I've found great comfort in my church family since coming here. I don't know what I would do without them. My military family is becoming more and more amazing too. It's just a blessing to have so many people that WANT to be a part of my family's life. I don't know what I would do without them!

3. If you celebrate Christmas, do you put an angel, star or something else on the top of your tree?
I FINALLY found an angel I liked at Bronners this past Easter, so this year is our first year with a true angel on top. A few years previous my mom lent me a crafty angel she received as a gift from this amazing woman in our lives. It made me think of her and made me feel like she was really the angel sitting on my tree watching down from heaven. I miss you Mrs. Kosa!

4. What are your three favorite websites?
facebook.com, navyfcu.org, and blogger.com. Those are the main websites I go to. I know, it's lame but I don't really have time for much else.

5. On your man do you prefer… boxers, briefs or boxer briefs? Or commando?
Well...because the only thing I've ever seen my husband in is boxers, I would say boxers. I think I would like boxer briefs better though since I think boxers and briefs both look weird and yuck, but combined they cover enough for my liking.

3 comments:

  1. Bronners, huh? I'm a Michigan girl all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, I knew that last question was coming and I kept reading. I may now know a little TMI about your hubby! I'll check out that website for the Angel topper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wifey, yeah I was born and raised in Michigan and anytime we go to see my in-laws we have to make a stop in Bronners. I was pregnant this last time and I totally forgot how HUGE the place is! I didn't get to look at even 1/4 of what I wanted (I probably got through 1/8 of the store...maybe less). I have to do more shopping online there too...need some ornaments and stockings from there.

    Poe, yeah...I thought about not answering it but then I just didn't stop since I had the time and didn't want to stop writing quite yet.

    ReplyDelete