Thursday, August 27, 2009

Working mom

So I've always said I wouldn't work until my kids were in school. I also had to be able to go in after they left for school and be home before they got home. This was VERY important to me.

In church a couple weeks ago they announced that they were doing a before and after school care program. I figured "What the heck, I'll ask if Cara can come and if she can, I'll apply." I never expected to get the job.

So Cara and I will be going to church every morning from 6AM to 8:15AM to take care of a few kids before school starts. If they need me in the afternoon, I will be there, but it's mainly a morning thing for me. My afternoons are for family and getting dinner ready for when Josh gets home from work.

I think this is some scary stuff for me. Yes, it pays way too well I think, but I'm not going to complain. Just over 2 hours of work at $9.00 an hour is amazing. The paychecks will be small, but they'll be something to contribute to the savings account or a personal shopping account or something.

That's really all. I can not believe I got so lucky to get a job where I can bring my daughter to work! YAY! I'm sooooo excited and yet very nervous all at once!

Tonight I have CPR/First Aid training. It will be the first time I leave Cara alone with Josh since she was just a couple weeks old. And this is more than a run down the road to McDonalds. I'm not nervous about leaving her with Josh, I'm just nervous about leaving her. I take care of her 24/7 and it's going to be so weird not having her by my side for this.

1 comment:

  1. It's good to get away from her sometimes though, otherwise she will be to dependant on you! When you have another baby or get a babysitter for the evening life can be miserable if she isn't used to having to share her awesome mommy!! Congrats on the job though! That'll be awesome!

    ReplyDelete