Anyway...this week I vowed to do it, and one day late, I am!
This week's Top 10 is TV Shows!
Now...I LOVE TV! I have WAY more than 10 favorite shows, and many of them tie for places in my top 10. Seriously, the shows I watch, I wouldn't watch them if they weren't in my top 10 favorites. I just wouldn't do it...and I really do watch about 20-30 shows on average (I love DVR and we only watch about 2 episodes a night together, and I watch my own personal shows that hubby doesn't watch during quiet time.)
So I guess I could make a few lists. Top 10 to watch with hubby, Top 10 to watch alone and Top 10 shows no longer aired. These lists wouldn't even cover the ones I WANT to watch and just haven't yet...or have watched a few, but I haven't watched enough episodes to warrant it as a favorite...YET.
So let's see...
My Top 10 shows in no particular order are:
(found all pictures on facebook and put them together in Word and Paint)
1. General Hospital - I have watched this show since I was in 7th grade with my mom. If I miss some, it's not a big deal, but I'm happy for DVR so I don't HAVE to miss any if I don't want to!
2. Once Upon A Time/Grimm - These I watch with the hubby...He hates missing them while he's underway because I'll still watch without him!
3. Elementary - This is a favorite, however I don't worry if I miss an episode due to falling asleep or hubby not being home. This is really one I only watch with the hubby.
4. Drop Dead Diva - This is one of my own and I have gotten my mom hooked on it too! Just something lighter to help me keep my sanity.
5. Teen Wolf - Yes, I wrote a whole blog post on this show. It is one of my guilty pleasures and I love it. I have found another lover of this show back in Monroe and even though I'm 3 hours behind her, we got to watch the Season 3 mid season finale together thanks to DirecTV. It was nice to have someone to talk to during commercials and afterward finally.
6. Glee - My husband used to watch this with me and now he doesn't really care. I love the music and dancing. The story line is getting a little middle schoolish for me so I really hope they end this series soon for that reason. It's just getting old and boring, but I just can't stop watching because the music is usually very well done.
7. Doctor Who/Torchwood - Oh yes...I am a Whovian. My husband got me interested in these shows and I think I'm more into it than him some days...actually I know I am...but I'm glad we can be nerds together sometimes. He also hates missing this one because I have no problem telling him about the ones he's missed in emails because I get so excited over it!
8. Covert Affairs/White Collar/Royal Pains - All USA Network and all amazing shows. I watch these with or without the hubby.
9. Rookie Blue - A cop series I only started watching because of Missy Peregrym and have grown to never want to miss an episode.
10. Orphan Black - I almost put this with Doctor Who and Torchwood, but it needed its own place on this list. This is an amazing show and has amazing acting on it. One actress plays multiple clones that are together quite often and are quite different personality/style/accent wise. She deserves multiple awards for her work!
And for the list of honorable mentions:
1. CSI/CSI: Miami
2. Law & Order/ Law & Order: SVU
4. The Vampire Diaries
5. Body of Proof
6. Switched at Birth
9. Burn Notice - If they hadn't JUST finished this series up, it would be in my Top 10 list above!
10. Stargate SG-1/Stargate: Atlantis
11. Eureka - LOVE this one!
12. Gilmore Girls
13. 7th Heaven