Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year!

2013

That beginning of the New Year. For me, that means a clean slate and time to start making myself happier and healthier. I have made resolutions for the first time in my life this year. I would really like to keep them, so please, if you know me or see my lacking in them, tell me so I stop being lazy about them and keep them.

My resolutions are fairly simple...or they should be anyway.

1. Start writing on this blog and/or opendiary.com at least 3 times a week.

Since I can write on opendiary.com  from my iPad fairly easily (is there an app for blogger?) I have a feeling I'll be writing there a little more often than here. I don't know why I can't write here while using Safari, but it kept giving me error messages when I tried yesterday. It's kind of annoying. I hope it's not the normal thing.

2. Lose 50 - 60 lbs by January 1, 2014

I struggled to lose 8 lbs this year. I have kept the 8 lbs off for the most part for 4 months, but I'm stuck at 8 lbs lost. No matter if I worked out at the local pole dance studio, at home, or just sat on my butt, I couldn't get myself below 180 except for a day. I think I saw 179.5 only 2 times in the last 4 months. It's kind of sad. I have been eating much better than I was before this and I'm going to continue on trying to eat better.

On top of my eating habits, Josh and I will be looking into a family membership at the local YMCA (and see if I can use it ONLY at the local one or it I can use it nation wide in case we go traveling and are near another one). Child care is almost $4 an hour, but for a class that's an hour long, it's only $8 total. I think I can afford that a couple times a week. Then the kids will also get use out of the pool and be able to take swim classes finally. When Josh is gone I can put one in child care while the other takes a lesson.

I am kind of nervous about leaving them at the child care center since they won't know the people taking care of them and neither will I, but that's the overprotective mom in me. I'm good at being overprotective. No one was left alone with my oldest until she was about a year a half old. It will be my struggle more than theirs I think. I don't like to feel like I'm slacking in my responsibilities as a parent by letting others take care of them.

Then with the gym, I will also be taking my pole class at least once a week. That is a mommy and me class so I get to have my kids there, free of charge, and get to work out and make myself stronger and feel more confident.

Losing this weight is mostly for me, but also for my kids and husband. It will make me healthier and happier with myself. I miss being a little skinnier, but a healthier weight is more my goal than what size my pants and shirts are.

If any of you are near me and would like to join for walks and maybe VERY beginner running, please let me know and we will meet up sometime and figure it all out. I know it's the winter right now, so I'm figuring once it reaches 50 and just light rain again in the spring is when I'll start adding the walking.

I hope all of your 2013 is wonderful! I will be back sometime, hopefully soon...maybe not until I'm back home from vacation though...we shall see.    

No comments:

Post a Comment